View Single Post
jwb's Avatar jwb
01-02-2012, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emericana View Post
Has anyone ever purchased a "e ticket" from craigslist? i found this dude who said he would sell me a ticket to the camden show at face value (via PayPal) but it is a e-ticket.

Is there anything stopping this guy from selling this e-ticket to multiple people? does paypal stop it? or does the old saying "if it is too good to be true" apply here? anyone have any experience to share?
It's a little risky. Whoever shows up first when they (ticket takers) scan the barcode will get in (if he sells multiple copies of the same e-ticket). It was a MAJOR clusterfuck at the Atlanta show back in 2001 when some asshole sold about 100 versions of the same ticket on eBay. I think it ended up delaying the start of the show because there were so many pissed off people thinking they had a ticket.
Personally, I would only buy a "hard" ticket.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:27 PM   #138
jwb
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1
Re: 2012 General Tool Tour Discussion *NO SPOILERS*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emericana View Post
Has anyone ever purchased a "e ticket" from craigslist? i found this dude who said he would sell me a ticket to the camden show at face value (via PayPal) but it is a e-ticket.

Is there anything stopping this guy from selling this e-ticket to multiple people? does paypal stop it? or does the old saying "if it is too good to be true" apply here? anyone have any experience to share?
It's a little risky. Whoever shows up first when they (ticket takers) scan the barcode will get in (if he sells multiple copies of the same e-ticket). It was a MAJOR clusterfuck at the Atlanta show back in 2001 when some asshole sold about 100 versions of the same ticket on eBay. I think it ended up delaying the start of the show because there were so many pissed off people thinking they had a ticket.
Personally, I would only buy a "hard" ticket.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote