View Single Post
nusense
12-27-2011, 08:04 AM

The tracks I'd kill to hear on this tour (or any forthcoming one, really) that I think fall within some realm of possibility (and haven't been played recently):

-H. (dying to see this live, still haven't.)
-Disposition/Reflection (I'd love to see Triad tacked on, but they've done it with just these two and I'd be more than pleased with that and Adam's droning ending of Reflection trailing off into the Intermission)
-Pushit (granted, saw it during the 2007 tours, but whether Salival or Album version, it's pound for pound the most intense song I've seen them do. Lot of others are close of course.)
-Parabol/Parabola
-Bottom
-Undertow
-Crawl Away
-4 Degrees
-The Grudge

As much as I understand some of the swapping complaints/suggestions, I just love most of the common suggestions too much. Especially Schism. It's so great live, especially where they usually place it in the set. It's a real "gear shifting" moment to me, no matter how many times I hear it. And I don't think I could ever lose Stinkfist either.

And personally I loved the Lateralus drum offs, although I'd trade it for another song (note: just the drum off, not all of Lateralus. They could fit in an Undertow song just by nixing the drum off) most nights I guess. My favorites were always when they did it with just Danny, although all of Kinski playing it with them in Pensacola was a real fucking treat in 07. Still the best one I saw, with Tom Morello at Bonnaroo a close 2nd.

If I were to trade any of the mainstays from the 10K days tours, I would swap Vicarious for something older. Although, my enjoyment of that one live went up 10 fold when they moved it to the front of the set this last time. And I love it live, but I wouldn't lose too much sleep if Jambi was swapped. More often than not, both due to certain gadgets and it's placement at the beginning, it seems to be "Technical Difficulties: The Song." It's the song that sadly, is sacrificed to getting the mix right.

Also praying that Third Eye sticks around.

Last edited by nusense; 12-27-2011 at 08:07 AM..
Old 12-27-2011, 08:04 AM   #89
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2012 General Tool Tour Discussion *NO SPOILERS*

The tracks I'd kill to hear on this tour (or any forthcoming one, really) that I think fall within some realm of possibility (and haven't been played recently):

-H. (dying to see this live, still haven't.)
-Disposition/Reflection (I'd love to see Triad tacked on, but they've done it with just these two and I'd be more than pleased with that and Adam's droning ending of Reflection trailing off into the Intermission)
-Pushit (granted, saw it during the 2007 tours, but whether Salival or Album version, it's pound for pound the most intense song I've seen them do. Lot of others are close of course.)
-Parabol/Parabola
-Bottom
-Undertow
-Crawl Away
-4 Degrees
-The Grudge

As much as I understand some of the swapping complaints/suggestions, I just love most of the common suggestions too much. Especially Schism. It's so great live, especially where they usually place it in the set. It's a real "gear shifting" moment to me, no matter how many times I hear it. And I don't think I could ever lose Stinkfist either.

And personally I loved the Lateralus drum offs, although I'd trade it for another song (note: just the drum off, not all of Lateralus. They could fit in an Undertow song just by nixing the drum off) most nights I guess. My favorites were always when they did it with just Danny, although all of Kinski playing it with them in Pensacola was a real fucking treat in 07. Still the best one I saw, with Tom Morello at Bonnaroo a close 2nd.

If I were to trade any of the mainstays from the 10K days tours, I would swap Vicarious for something older. Although, my enjoyment of that one live went up 10 fold when they moved it to the front of the set this last time. And I love it live, but I wouldn't lose too much sleep if Jambi was swapped. More often than not, both due to certain gadgets and it's placement at the beginning, it seems to be "Technical Difficulties: The Song." It's the song that sadly, is sacrificed to getting the mix right.

Also praying that Third Eye sticks around.

Last edited by nusense; 12-27-2011 at 08:07 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote