View Single Post
Old 06-26-2006, 02:35 AM   #77
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/06/24 - Katowice, POL - Spodek Arena

Ok - few cents from me.
1. my 2nd TOOL show (last one was Warsaw)
2. LK/RS had a little bit less impact live than I expected. just a little bit. ;)
3. they played 46&2 - that made me sooo happy
4. jambi IS a great live song (enjoyed it more than on the album acutally) - and from what I heard he's rather singing "Damn my eyes", but it's weird, so I dunno...
5. the intro before sober sounded a bit like faaip thing for me - nice!
6. during sober, the visuals contained more material than on video (there was some cool tattoed chest or something like this) - is this something new or I just missed sth?
7. the band having a break onstage - never seen it before and I totally liked it :)
8. during vicarious I got the idea that the lyrics were tuned up a little bit and sounded clearer - this song has great live feeling (oh and the very simple effect of putting "tv-noise" on the screens did the trick for me!)
9. although I was totally tuned to hear the new songs live, I must admit that aenima must have been the best performed song that evening - I almost clapped a hole in my laps (had a sitting place)

Here's exactly what (from my real-time notes) MJK said:
1. (between LK/RS and stinkfist): "Good evening"
2. (before aenima): "Thanks very much. See you soon. Hopefully in November".

And few words about Sober. I liked the way MJK left the chorus with holes for fans to sing, but I noticed one thing. During (I guess) 2nd chorus he sang like: "Why.... I just.... MOMMY, Why.... I just....". Maybe it was "TELL ME" but it felt like "MOMMY". Wonder why... :)

Summing up - TOOL's TOOL. They never dissapoint, Unless you expect to see a Linkin Park or Metallica show. ;) I paid a lot of cash for the ticket (around $80 + train + longsleeve with "THE eye" ;)) but I'd known it was coming and I was ready. So I just spent my cash. Period.

Cheers.