View Single Post
Old 06-25-2006, 01:10 PM   #63
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/06/24 - Katowice, POL - Spodek Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck_Of_Wah
PART 2

For a wrm-up show, this concert was PROMISING, as a stand-alone TOOL gig (which it wasn't because it was a warm-up gig, duh:), it was merely GOOD.

Indeed, the only Maynardisms were "Good evening" after Rosetta Stoned, and "Thank you very much, we'll see you soon, hopefully in November" after Vicarious and then instantly went into "hey hey hey hey hey hey...".

I loved the concert itself, I'm happy to have met some really cool people along the way, and was very pleasantly surprised because I thought that, even though the sound wasn't all that amazing and clearly needed polishing, I will now always assess the TOOL sound based on LIVE performances. The album sound is great, but nothing and no one will EVER top a band of this magnitude LIVE. It had that special something that the album version's sound will never capture, no matter what band, what song, and what technology comes along. It's LIVE, it's REAL, it has SOUL POWER.

As Lateralus started (the most awaited track for me, basically I'd have paid for them to come and play that one track alone just the way they played it, just the wayI dreamed for them to play it) I was on a spiritual plateau I have never before attained in my whole life.

When Dan hit that gong (it sounded PERFECT, it was EARTH-SHATTERING), it was the most amazing feeling I have ever felt, and at that very moment, all my frustrations and all my worries disappeared, and I felt cleansed. a day and 8 hours of sleep after, I feel my life has taken on new meaning. I can't help but feel anything but positivity and compassion.

I feel obliged to personally thank four particular guys for this feeling.
Mordercza precyzja a opisy wzrostu, wagi, rozmiaru uszkodzeń ciała - pycha - opis wrażeń - miód. Rozumiem, ze mogło Ci się podobać że zagrali wyrachowane , zaplanowane, ustalone, profesjonalne 150 minut. - gdzie tam 150, moze 90
OFFLINE |