View Single Post
Old 01-22-2006, 12:39 AM   #16
meh.

Bincount™: 1074
Re: I have a suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocelot199
You'd lose a lot of people here if you put a charge on posting, and new registration would drop to zero. Probably a bad idea. You'd kill the forum.
This is pretty far from fact, honestly. A lot of the people who are here just to waste time would probably split, but the signal/noise ratio would go way up.

Quote:
I like grrrl's idea. Open only the Tool related forums to newly registered people, and only let certain people who have been with the boards for a while and have a decent amount of posts participate in the socialize section. That'd weed out most of the trolls and aliases.
No it wouldn't. It would just force them to flood their trash into the sections they have access to.

Quote:
Maybe getting a few more mods on here would help out, or something.
We're working on that, actually. Any suggestions?

Quote:
I've seen plenty of people who have many known aliases stick around for weeks before getting banned, while others of us are put on probation for double posting and bullshit like that.
To be fair, "known" aliases are rarely known to me and, I suspect, to Dan. If any of you stumble upon a known alias that needs to be dealt with, say something. Don't expect us to be able to read minds.