View Single Post
AgentDMT
06-21-2010, 07:54 AM

Excellent show, best show since the Beaumont show in 2003 (in the Houston area). Excellent work on the visuals. I particularly enjoyed the rigs coming down through the lasers and the video screens lining up parallel to the laser plane http://twitpic.com/1yn26e. Excellent work Junior. The visual artistry on a lot of the backing videos has really went up a notch. Third Eye visuals were simply amazing. 46&2 Visuals I really enjoyed. I think some of those visuals are new (although I could be wrong). After they played Intolerance, injecting the crowd with raw, unfiltered Undertowian emotion, I wanted them to abandon the setlist and just play the rest of Undertow all the way through. Maynard appeared to drink a bottle of wine and then a beer through the performance. Vocals were excellent. I'm starting to think the reason for him not singing the end of Vicarious is more of a statement than a conservation of his voice. Something about a crowd of 10,000+ people chanting "Vicariously I live while the whole world dies" has a certain philosophical angle to it, that I can't quite put words on. Mixing was great, especially the power of Carey's kit. With a flick of his wrist he could elevate that entire stadium. All and all, excellent concert, A+.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:54 AM   #10
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 06.20.2010 - Houston, TX @ Toyota Center

Excellent show, best show since the Beaumont show in 2003 (in the Houston area). Excellent work on the visuals. I particularly enjoyed the rigs coming down through the lasers and the video screens lining up parallel to the laser plane http://twitpic.com/1yn26e. Excellent work Junior. The visual artistry on a lot of the backing videos has really went up a notch. Third Eye visuals were simply amazing. 46&2 Visuals I really enjoyed. I think some of those visuals are new (although I could be wrong). After they played Intolerance, injecting the crowd with raw, unfiltered Undertowian emotion, I wanted them to abandon the setlist and just play the rest of Undertow all the way through. Maynard appeared to drink a bottle of wine and then a beer through the performance. Vocals were excellent. I'm starting to think the reason for him not singing the end of Vicarious is more of a statement than a conservation of his voice. Something about a crowd of 10,000+ people chanting "Vicariously I live while the whole world dies" has a certain philosophical angle to it, that I can't quite put words on. Mixing was great, especially the power of Carey's kit. With a flick of his wrist he could elevate that entire stadium. All and all, excellent concert, A+.
OFFLINE |