View Single Post
maddog00003
06-13-2007, 01:42 PM

First of all, TOOL is the best damn band out there, live and in studio. The artistic chemistry that these four individuals have is amazing. I’ve been a fan of TOOL ever since 2001, and this is my second show.
I was right in the front row, which was cool for the experience, but I sacrificed some sound; the vocals and Danny’s mandala pads were harder to here, but everything else sounded great. I was 10 rows back for the show in 2002, and that was the PERFECT place to be—but being so close here was WAY amazing.
Everyone has to know that South Florida, especially around Miami in particular, is HORRIBLE for rock—lots of people have no fucking clue what they’re talking about, and going to this concert proved it. I’m originally from IL, and the fans are much more knowledgeable, respectful, and therefore bands treat those fans excellent, as opposed to the shitty way almost everyone deserves to get treated down here.
We’re all fucking LUCKY that Maynard didn’t walk off for the ENTIRE show after some fucking asshole shined a goddamn laser pointer in his eyes in 10,000 Days. That was the most amazing thing I have seen them play live, and it would have been up a notch if that fucking loser didn’t do that shit—he can “die of gonorrhea and rot in hell.” Seriously, dude, get a life…
The songs were amazing, and I can’t believe there are actually non-musicians or anyone for that matter who have the balls to critique a TOOL performance and said that something blows—there are MANY things that can go wrong at a concert, and of course TOOL puts their best fucking effort into it to see that they have an amazing show—btw, BEST LIGHT SHOW ever, period—the mirrors on the floors, UFO lights, and everything really kicked ass—at least those people higher up had an intense visual experience, and probably better sound than where I was—good idea from TOOL.
The fans just need to get a fucking clue: Moshing during TOOL songs? Laser pointers? Off key, drunk ass stoners singing? Come the FUCK on—no wonder we were all treated like ass, and Maynard didn’t say a word—extremely disrespectful and musically CLUELESS audience—I would have done the same, only I would have LEFT after some dickless moron shined a laser pointer in my eye while I’m trying to spiritually connect w/ the audience on a song about the death of my mother—I was very grateful that Maynard came on again at all.
Lastly, I hope noone ever has the fucking gall to say that Danny Carey “played bad,” “was LOST,” or whatever other shit I’ve seen in the posts. If any of you were a drummer, you would know that he is the goddamn cerebrum for that band—he’s doing TONS of shit, fiddling w/ the Jacob’s Ladder, playing poly-rhythms on many of his mandala pads, fiddling w/ his samples, queuing the band, and IMPROVISING during his solos—the guy’s not fucking lost, he’s exploring the energy of the set and letting whatever happens naturally happen—uninhibited playing—GREAT STUFF—and if you ever hear a fucking “mistake,” you should feel grateful.
Oh, and I forgot: THAT FUCKING OPENING BAND MELTING BANANA SIMPLY BLEW ASS. They fucking SUCKED—the guitarist just shit all over himself, the drummer fucking blew, but, the bass player was pretty sweet. Overall, they’re HORRIBLE—almost any band who opens for TOOL should take that as a slap in the face, because it means you REALLY suck—TOOL probably just does this so the fans are even more enamored when they take the stage. Unless of course ur King Crimson—THAT would have been a show and a half. Anyway, GREAT show, going to IL next time.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:42 PM   #25
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/01 - Sunrise, FL - Bank Atlantic Center

First of all, TOOL is the best damn band out there, live and in studio. The artistic chemistry that these four individuals have is amazing. I’ve been a fan of TOOL ever since 2001, and this is my second show.
I was right in the front row, which was cool for the experience, but I sacrificed some sound; the vocals and Danny’s mandala pads were harder to here, but everything else sounded great. I was 10 rows back for the show in 2002, and that was the PERFECT place to be—but being so close here was WAY amazing.
Everyone has to know that South Florida, especially around Miami in particular, is HORRIBLE for rock—lots of people have no fucking clue what they’re talking about, and going to this concert proved it. I’m originally from IL, and the fans are much more knowledgeable, respectful, and therefore bands treat those fans excellent, as opposed to the shitty way almost everyone deserves to get treated down here.
We’re all fucking LUCKY that Maynard didn’t walk off for the ENTIRE show after some fucking asshole shined a goddamn laser pointer in his eyes in 10,000 Days. That was the most amazing thing I have seen them play live, and it would have been up a notch if that fucking loser didn’t do that shit—he can “die of gonorrhea and rot in hell.” Seriously, dude, get a life…
The songs were amazing, and I can’t believe there are actually non-musicians or anyone for that matter who have the balls to critique a TOOL performance and said that something blows—there are MANY things that can go wrong at a concert, and of course TOOL puts their best fucking effort into it to see that they have an amazing show—btw, BEST LIGHT SHOW ever, period—the mirrors on the floors, UFO lights, and everything really kicked ass—at least those people higher up had an intense visual experience, and probably better sound than where I was—good idea from TOOL.
The fans just need to get a fucking clue: Moshing during TOOL songs? Laser pointers? Off key, drunk ass stoners singing? Come the FUCK on—no wonder we were all treated like ass, and Maynard didn’t say a word—extremely disrespectful and musically CLUELESS audience—I would have done the same, only I would have LEFT after some dickless moron shined a laser pointer in my eye while I’m trying to spiritually connect w/ the audience on a song about the death of my mother—I was very grateful that Maynard came on again at all.
Lastly, I hope noone ever has the fucking gall to say that Danny Carey “played bad,” “was LOST,” or whatever other shit I’ve seen in the posts. If any of you were a drummer, you would know that he is the goddamn cerebrum for that band—he’s doing TONS of shit, fiddling w/ the Jacob’s Ladder, playing poly-rhythms on many of his mandala pads, fiddling w/ his samples, queuing the band, and IMPROVISING during his solos—the guy’s not fucking lost, he’s exploring the energy of the set and letting whatever happens naturally happen—uninhibited playing—GREAT STUFF—and if you ever hear a fucking “mistake,” you should feel grateful.
Oh, and I forgot: THAT FUCKING OPENING BAND MELTING BANANA SIMPLY BLEW ASS. They fucking SUCKED—the guitarist just shit all over himself, the drummer fucking blew, but, the bass player was pretty sweet. Overall, they’re HORRIBLE—almost any band who opens for TOOL should take that as a slap in the face, because it means you REALLY suck—TOOL probably just does this so the fans are even more enamored when they take the stage. Unless of course ur King Crimson—THAT would have been a show and a half. Anyway, GREAT show, going to IL next time.
OFFLINE |