View Single Post
remember_forget's Avatar remember_forget
06-01-2007, 08:15 PM

First off, I have to say that Maynard didn't say a word the entire show. It was straight through but very tight and cohesive. They came on after Melt Banana (who were amazing, by the way, contrary to my expectations) and went straight into Jambi. To me the first song was tight but not as fully developed as the rest. There were a few tech issues (Justin had a problem during RS so they repeated until he was fine, Maynard walked off right before the quiet portion of Lateralus and they sacrificed what is usually the extended part by repeating, then Danny did a drum solo about 3 minutes in while they were waiting).. Maynard also didn't sing the last verse of 10,000 Days.

Aside from those minor issues, the sound was great where I was sitting (119) and the band was very into it. A few objects hit the front of the stage but techs took them out quickly.. photos and videos were all over, no attempt by security to stop that, and a good number of people around me were smoking. Also, during Lateralus, some girl attracted a crowd because she was showing her tits for everyone's cameras.

The show ran right about 2 hours (long by Tool standards?). The end of Lateralus really brought everyone into it and Vicarious maintained that until the end. Some guy at the exit was selling homemade shirts for 20 bucks (psh) with sloppily printed pixelated graphics.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:15 PM   #3
...to the oceans of my platitudes...

Bincount™: 2583
Re: 2007/06/01 - Sunrise, FL - Bank Atlantic Center

First off, I have to say that Maynard didn't say a word the entire show. It was straight through but very tight and cohesive. They came on after Melt Banana (who were amazing, by the way, contrary to my expectations) and went straight into Jambi. To me the first song was tight but not as fully developed as the rest. There were a few tech issues (Justin had a problem during RS so they repeated until he was fine, Maynard walked off right before the quiet portion of Lateralus and they sacrificed what is usually the extended part by repeating, then Danny did a drum solo about 3 minutes in while they were waiting).. Maynard also didn't sing the last verse of 10,000 Days.

Aside from those minor issues, the sound was great where I was sitting (119) and the band was very into it. A few objects hit the front of the stage but techs took them out quickly.. photos and videos were all over, no attempt by security to stop that, and a good number of people around me were smoking. Also, during Lateralus, some girl attracted a crowd because she was showing her tits for everyone's cameras.

The show ran right about 2 hours (long by Tool standards?). The end of Lateralus really brought everyone into it and Vicarious maintained that until the end. Some guy at the exit was selling homemade shirts for 20 bucks (psh) with sloppily printed pixelated graphics.
OFFLINE |