View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 04:04 AM   #32
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/11/27 - Wembley, UK - Wembley Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lateralusgonghit View Post
Have to say, I was a bit concerned about the venues for this tour being the big commercial arenas. I mean take a look at the posters around the place for all the pop groups playing there next! The atmosphere was great and I know Tool are bigger now than they have ever been, but I just would have liked them to have kept it down to the usual theatre level.
except then we wouldn't have got the full monty stage show or the pretty lasers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandbox Magician View Post
Quite ironic given the amount of "dumb ass belligerent fuckers" there last-night. At the risk of sounding like an elitist twat, the amount of people that had the look of 'a dog being shown a card trick' when the band launched into 'Swamp Song' was priceless.
indeed. there were a few blank faces around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolrockman View Post
just a quick note about mastodon i like this band i think they have bought a fresh dimension to the metal genre however the subtelties and the complexity of their music was totally lost in what can only be described as a truly awful sound mix
maybe it was worse up where you were toolrockman but all i can say is if your thought mastadon's mix was bad, you have not experienced too many support groups at wembley arena! that was nowhere near the worst i have heard.

i was amused by a couple of american guys who wandered in about 10 minutes after mastadon had finished and asked us if mastadon had been on yet. when told yes they have, you've missed them, he looked mightily pissed. i helpfully pointed out that it did say show starts at 7:30pm on the ticket.
OFFLINE |