View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 12:54 AM   #14
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/11/27 - Wembley, UK - Wembley Arena

got in from the show at 1:30 this morning and i was so hyped i think i eventually got about 2 hours sleep before having to get up for work. fantasic show. i couldn't believe it when they peeled out the opening to swamp song. didn't think we'd get that. every song was just superb. and they played the pot which i didn't get to see last time. had a pretty good view down on the floor about 30ft back. wings and 10,000 days were just incredible. definately a highlight. great visuals and weren't the lasers pretty? superb musicianship (as usual) and the concert seemed to last longer than i expected. the sound quality was incredible too. given that it took 4 songs for muse's sound guy to sort it out into something approaching listenable, the sound (and volume) were perfect right from the first note. there was a fantastic atmosphere in the crowd toosomone was complaining about ticket prices in the manchester thread - well i certainly feel i got my money's worth tonight.

despite the fact that the hammersmith show i went to was incredible, i think this just beats it. i hate wembley as a venue but playing there meant we got the big stage show and i'm far more intimately connected to the songs from 10,000 days now than back in june.

mastadon (who i didn't know) were actually pretty good too which was a bonus. i'll be checking out some of their albums (although i would rather have seen isis supporting).

the one downside was the guy standing in front of me who was out his fucking head. he was throwing himself around like a fucking lunaic which i didn't mind until he started elbowing me in the stomach 4th time it happened i grabbed him and threw him as far away from me as i could he turned around and i think, even in his drug addled state, he could tell i was pretty pissed at him. to the guy's credit, he came up to me put his arm around me and when i told him what he'd been doing apologised to me and said he wouldn't do it again, which he didn't. when the lights came out he actually came up to me and apologised again and said he hoped i hadn't spoilt my enjoyment of tool and even though he was completely off his tits he really did seem concerned he might have marred my enjoyment of tool so i gave him a hug and told him it was ok as he'd apologised and hadn't elbowed me any more. so cheers mad drug guy!
OFFLINE |