View Single Post
Old 08-28-2006, 06:11 PM   #19
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/08/27 - George, WA - Gorge Amphitheatre

This was my 4th Tool concert. The sound quality/mix was probably the best I've heard yet. The view was spectacular...I'd never been to the gorge before; such a beautiful place to have a concert.

I'm not as big of a fan of the new album as I have been with their previous albums, so I wasn't too excited to hear the new content. I do love Vicarious and Right In Two though, and they played one of those two songs. I wish they would play more songs from the older albums, but the time for that has probably passed by now. The visual effects were cool, but nothing special...I've seen lasers before. I think the video backdrop used during the Lateralus tour was much more interesting.

What sucked: Stupid, hick fans from (most likely) eastern Washington. People were fighting over spaces on the grass when we first got there...so ridiculous. A couple guys next to me decided they would skip out on the designated restroom area and just use the grass to relieve themselves (just as Tool took stage I might add). Shortly after some guy puked in the row below me. Then there was that guy mentioned earlier who thought he'd get some attention by climbing on the PA booth...worst group of fans I've ever encountered at a show. Oh and I love how the biggest/tallest people like to stand in the very front of each row. I'm 6 foot, but I still had some trouble seeing past the behemoth in front of me. Stand in the back, morons, you'll still be able to see over everyone who's not 7 feet tall like you.

It was still a great show, but I had a better time on the Lateralus tour. That's my 2 cents.