View Single Post
Old 08-20-2004, 06:50 PM   #2
On Probation

Bincount™: 21
Re: Alice in Wonderland?

also, keeping in mind what others have said, such as using drugs to "pry open your third eye" being a theme of the song. If that's the case, that could tie Alice in Wonderland in even tighter. It could be interpereted that some of the items, such as the mushrooms, which Alice eats to affect her growth are drugs. In short, this would mean Alice drifts of into wonderland, where she uses an array of drugs, also prying open her third eye. By the end of the story when she wakes up, she no longer has any of these drugs, but still maintains the same state from when she had them, thus having her third eye open.

Also, the last line of the 2nd stanza, which i left out in my previous post could fit in more clearly.

On my back and tumbling
Down that hole and back again
Rising up
And wiping the webs and the dew from my withered eye.

When she rises up (wakes up from wonderland) as i said before, her third eye is open, which she has never used before (outside of wonderland at least). hence she would be wiping away the cobwebs from her eye, and perhaps the dew would have something to do with her falling asleep and waking up in a grassy field?

back to the first stanza one more time...

Dreaming of that face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Dreaming of that face again? Well if it is indeed the cheshire cat's face, this line would prove true, as Alice is currently dreaming. next line
Bright and blue and shimmering. Well Professor Pudding pointed out that in the book the cheshire cat is blue, meaning that it could also just as easily be described as bright and shimmering
the rest is obvious enough, except for the three wild eyes bit.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote