View Single Post
thearm
08-30-2007, 09:45 AM

OGT92, I agree with what you said about the way the music hits you when the album first comes out. When I first heard Rosetta Stoned, I loved it;but, I just liked the solo (The drums and the bass have always been bad *ucking ass!). I thought the solo was a repeat of Triad and I was dissapointed. Now, the song is my favorite of all. This is just a perfrect song. Long, lots of good lyrics, odd time signatures ect.... You can't ask for a better song. I especially love how I think "I'm never going to be able to play this on drums!" But then, with time, it sinks in and comes together in a great way. To me, that's the beauty of Tool and playing Tool. I also don't think Danny tries to make songs hard. Just tasteful and approprate for the context and the mood. Nobody wants another Dream Theater.

Last edited by thearm; 08-30-2007 at 09:53 AM..
Old 08-30-2007, 09:45 AM   #30
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Anyone else think the solo is unnecessary?

OGT92, I agree with what you said about the way the music hits you when the album first comes out. When I first heard Rosetta Stoned, I loved it;but, I just liked the solo (The drums and the bass have always been bad *ucking ass!). I thought the solo was a repeat of Triad and I was dissapointed. Now, the song is my favorite of all. This is just a perfrect song. Long, lots of good lyrics, odd time signatures ect.... You can't ask for a better song. I especially love how I think "I'm never going to be able to play this on drums!" But then, with time, it sinks in and comes together in a great way. To me, that's the beauty of Tool and playing Tool. I also don't think Danny tries to make songs hard. Just tasteful and approprate for the context and the mood. Nobody wants another Dream Theater.

Last edited by thearm; 08-30-2007 at 09:53 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote