View Single Post
livid star's Avatar livid star
12-12-2007, 11:14 AM

First off, it's pretty amazing that I was even able to attend last night's show.

THANK YOU CAROLYN!

Moving forward. This was definitely the best show I've seen recently. After the Reno show, it could only get better. Adam was spot on and shredding it up and down in all his stoic bliss. <3 Adam <3

Danny=Skins Master for life.

Flood was a great addition to the setlist. Great performance on that little didy.

Dead Kennedys, a San Francisco treat! Nice surprise and excellent rendition of Holiday in Cambodia, especially if they had one day to rehearse that(?).

Kudos to the crowd for not being inconsiderate retards during WFM/10KDays. Tool sailed flawlessly through those songs with a lot of passion.

When they first started this tour, I was less than thrilled with the vocals being so subdued. Honestly, I feel it's a lot better that way. I like hearing the intricities of Adam's playing and FEELING the power of Danny's drumming, coupled with experiencing the fury that is Justin. Most of us have experienced Tool circa 1990's when Maynard could perform like no other. It's hard to face it, but long gone are the days of bellowing and holding notes for 40 seconds, while in some tantric yoga formation.

Tool have definitely molded into just what they need to be, right now in this day
and age.

Thank you TOOL. I hope to see you again real soon and I mean that from the
bottom of my heart.

Last edited by livid star; 12-12-2007 at 11:26 AM..
Old 12-12-2007, 11:14 AM   #22
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3
Re: Dec 11 San Francisco, CA Bill Graham Civic

First off, it's pretty amazing that I was even able to attend last night's show.

THANK YOU CAROLYN!

Moving forward. This was definitely the best show I've seen recently. After the Reno show, it could only get better. Adam was spot on and shredding it up and down in all his stoic bliss. <3 Adam <3

Danny=Skins Master for life.

Flood was a great addition to the setlist. Great performance on that little didy.

Dead Kennedys, a San Francisco treat! Nice surprise and excellent rendition of Holiday in Cambodia, especially if they had one day to rehearse that(?).

Kudos to the crowd for not being inconsiderate retards during WFM/10KDays. Tool sailed flawlessly through those songs with a lot of passion.

When they first started this tour, I was less than thrilled with the vocals being so subdued. Honestly, I feel it's a lot better that way. I like hearing the intricities of Adam's playing and FEELING the power of Danny's drumming, coupled with experiencing the fury that is Justin. Most of us have experienced Tool circa 1990's when Maynard could perform like no other. It's hard to face it, but long gone are the days of bellowing and holding notes for 40 seconds, while in some tantric yoga formation.

Tool have definitely molded into just what they need to be, right now in this day
and age.

Thank you TOOL. I hope to see you again real soon and I mean that from the
bottom of my heart.

Last edited by livid star; 12-12-2007 at 11:26 AM..
OFFLINE |