Old 01-11-2007, 06:25 PM   #50
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 1669
Re: Video of the recording of undertow

finally this has come out!

i remember hearing about it ages ago at collectiveunconscious.org:

"05/25/2005
A) Tool - In The Studio, 07.xx.1992 / Sylvia Massey's Video
This is a piece of noteworthy news/information pertaining to trade/collectible items. It appears that the In-The-Studio video, recorded by the band in July 1992 while Undertow was being 'born', has been leaked/released. Although in some way I am glad & in another rather pessimistic about the trade communities handling of it in the future & thus far. Please respect this treasure. Use your head & be cool with it... although I am certain that some will attempt to boast and/or sell it or whore it out on some level. Although I did not directly, in anyway, release this to the public + hold no rights over it whatsoever, it should be noted that I did transfer it from 2G VHS > DVD. There are incomplete copies apparently in rotation. If you are scratching your head wondering "what is this guy talking about" then just wait as I am sure it will be available to you soon enough in various incarnations. This may have once been rare but it will not be so from now on - that I am sure of. Basically, for those that do not know, the video consists of 3 basic parts; smashing the piano for "Disgustipated", making the ribs for the cover of Undertow & also some in-studio cuts. The studio consists of MJK walking around w/a bullhorn making comments re: Fleetwood Mac + Pat Benatar, some non-vocal edits/cuts & also a part w/Rollins recording his part, an alternate take actually, on "Bottom". At this point, there is no review or note on this site (other than this update) regarding this show."
It stays there like Excalibur
Are you my Arthur?
Say you are

Take this cool dark steeled blade
Steal it, sheath it
In your lake
I drown with you to be together
Must you breathe?
Cos I need Heaven
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote