View Single Post
Old 10-10-2006, 12:20 PM   #81
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/10/07 - Uniondale, NY - Nassau Coliseum

Quote:
I disagree wholeheartedly. The video screens on the Lateralus Tour were not a huge stage, they were two screens that on either side of the band and they didn't take my focus off the music. There was in no way more shit going on on the stage than this show. And Lasers? I don't see any artistic expression in Lasers, nor a screen-stage that was so dizzying I wound up watching the hockey scoreboard screen half the show...I see all that as Tool giving up on their plight to expand people's mind purely through art and music, thus making the show a spectacle.
you must have only seen the first leg of the lateralus tour. click on this link to see what we are talking about

http://toolchurch.com/sanctuary/node/384

i loved this show, was in c1 row 4. the lasers were making all sorts of geometric shapes that correspond very much to the music. even the colors that would shine in conjunction with different riffs to personify and illustrate the perspective being used at that point - their use of multiple perspectives in their songs simply baffles me. these were especially apparent on stinkfist and 46&2, and probably equally elsewhere but over my head at this point.

its the music that drives the story. each riff and each segment tells it. maynard just vocalizes portions of it to add emphasis.
OFFLINE |