View Single Post
HeavenLost's Avatar HeavenLost
05-13-2006, 06:34 PM

Gnostic Gospels (ie. Thomas, Magdalene, Judas) all claim to be writen by people who were quite dead when the text was penned. Proof being radio-carbon dating, antropolgical studies of the circa's linguistic trends and legalist proofreaders. Those gospels aren't canonized because they're a HOAX.

You ask why following the teachings of Christ are indeed futile without trust in God the Father and The Holy Spirit. As aperfectnineinchtool said, its obvious you have not read the Bible to any length. Throughout His ministry Christ taught the Trinity. Sure he never, to my knowledge, said that word, but he did teach that his Father is the God of Abraham and shortly after his ascension back into heaven the disiples would recieve power from the Holy Spirit. God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. Thats the Holy Trinity. Picking and choosing, thats what I find abhorable in any religion and that's what you've done. Follow the good and wize and kind teachings of Christ but leave out all the stuff about a Sovereign God to whom you are accountable.

jstar0492, no ONE, atheist or christian, can lead a fully selfless life. You will always seek your own causes, wether for personal gain or gratification. Look at this world and tell if man is capable of love and mercy and justice. Whatever facade you try to lay over it you'll always come back to sin. You may even make the super mistake of saying all this suffering is God's fault. The tittle deeds to Earth was given to Adam, this world is our responsibility. God gave us free will and an instruction manual for using it but each and every human being born to a mortal father chose his own will over God's as soon as they had that capacity. We have squandered our birth rights, we have turned our back on the source of all love in the world and it is us who blame HIM. Are you kidding me. We stabbed him, remember. 'Father forgive them, for they know now what they do.'
Old 05-13-2006, 06:34 PM   #154
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: From Maynards Own Mouth

Gnostic Gospels (ie. Thomas, Magdalene, Judas) all claim to be writen by people who were quite dead when the text was penned. Proof being radio-carbon dating, antropolgical studies of the circa's linguistic trends and legalist proofreaders. Those gospels aren't canonized because they're a HOAX.

You ask why following the teachings of Christ are indeed futile without trust in God the Father and The Holy Spirit. As aperfectnineinchtool said, its obvious you have not read the Bible to any length. Throughout His ministry Christ taught the Trinity. Sure he never, to my knowledge, said that word, but he did teach that his Father is the God of Abraham and shortly after his ascension back into heaven the disiples would recieve power from the Holy Spirit. God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. Thats the Holy Trinity. Picking and choosing, thats what I find abhorable in any religion and that's what you've done. Follow the good and wize and kind teachings of Christ but leave out all the stuff about a Sovereign God to whom you are accountable.

jstar0492, no ONE, atheist or christian, can lead a fully selfless life. You will always seek your own causes, wether for personal gain or gratification. Look at this world and tell if man is capable of love and mercy and justice. Whatever facade you try to lay over it you'll always come back to sin. You may even make the super mistake of saying all this suffering is God's fault. The tittle deeds to Earth was given to Adam, this world is our responsibility. God gave us free will and an instruction manual for using it but each and every human being born to a mortal father chose his own will over God's as soon as they had that capacity. We have squandered our birth rights, we have turned our back on the source of all love in the world and it is us who blame HIM. Are you kidding me. We stabbed him, remember. 'Father forgive them, for they know now what they do.'