View Single Post
aperfectnineinchtool's Avatar aperfectnineinchtool
05-13-2006, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dharma Bum
Now, think on this, is the god of Abraham really satan? The Jews have suffered more than any other race. They have been slaves, forced to wander the desert in the hope of some promised land that they have never received. Do I even need to mention the Halocaust? Then there is the Christians, not only were they persecuted in the beginning, but it is as though "God" is taunting the Jews by making Christians the new "Chosen" people. Has there ever been a more successful religion? Has any religion caused as much destruction as christianity? Raped the rights of Humanity more?
Religion, in general, has done more to seperate us than it has to bring us together, yet nearly every religion teaches brotherhood? I s religion the tower of Babal? Trying to build a stairway to heaven? I wonder...
Another reason I think that Satan may be the god of Abraham is that in the new testament it warns against a unified world religion. Why would something that allows us to put down our differences be wrong? Perhaps god always wanted us to live on a paradise earth, there never was a heaven or a hell. What if we are still wandering the "Desert" trying to reach our promised land, when it is right under our feet?
Distinction is the only sin. Isn't knowledge of the difference between good and evil the reason that we were "Banished" from the Garden of Eden? This is Eden people! Stop believing the Lies. I know that I was using Judeo/Christian terms, but that is my upbringing. I think that all religions are truth, the problem is that the best lies are mostly truths.
To limit the universe with petty perceptions that we fight over is ridiculous. In order for something to exist, it has to have an opposite. When one looks at a painting, it is the shadows and the light that adds depth. If you want to rid the world of evil, then stop believing in good. A canvas covered with light is blank, unpolluted by the subtle illusion of paint.
If you must think of God, try to imagine it like that, a blank canvas. Go ahead and paint the canvas, that is God's gift to you, but leave the canvas of others alone. Don't waste your life trying to do good in the hope of some future reward, heaven, nirvana, an end to the cycle of karma... whatever. Do good for the sake of doing something good. All these concepts, these paints, are useful, but they can be achieved here and now.
This may, or may not, be our only lives, but if we apply any of these concepts it wont matter either way. How can you be sent to hell if your karma is good?

Just a little rant of mine.
You obviously haven't read much of the Bible... I didn't even finish reading your reply because really there is no logic... not to say you're a complete idiot and that I am smarter, but seriously you have no clue. God isn't taunting the jews, they just could never commit to him... come on.
Old 05-13-2006, 12:26 PM   #136
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Re: From Maynards Own Mouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dharma Bum
Now, think on this, is the god of Abraham really satan? The Jews have suffered more than any other race. They have been slaves, forced to wander the desert in the hope of some promised land that they have never received. Do I even need to mention the Halocaust? Then there is the Christians, not only were they persecuted in the beginning, but it is as though "God" is taunting the Jews by making Christians the new "Chosen" people. Has there ever been a more successful religion? Has any religion caused as much destruction as christianity? Raped the rights of Humanity more?
Religion, in general, has done more to seperate us than it has to bring us together, yet nearly every religion teaches brotherhood? I s religion the tower of Babal? Trying to build a stairway to heaven? I wonder...
Another reason I think that Satan may be the god of Abraham is that in the new testament it warns against a unified world religion. Why would something that allows us to put down our differences be wrong? Perhaps god always wanted us to live on a paradise earth, there never was a heaven or a hell. What if we are still wandering the "Desert" trying to reach our promised land, when it is right under our feet?
Distinction is the only sin. Isn't knowledge of the difference between good and evil the reason that we were "Banished" from the Garden of Eden? This is Eden people! Stop believing the Lies. I know that I was using Judeo/Christian terms, but that is my upbringing. I think that all religions are truth, the problem is that the best lies are mostly truths.
To limit the universe with petty perceptions that we fight over is ridiculous. In order for something to exist, it has to have an opposite. When one looks at a painting, it is the shadows and the light that adds depth. If you want to rid the world of evil, then stop believing in good. A canvas covered with light is blank, unpolluted by the subtle illusion of paint.
If you must think of God, try to imagine it like that, a blank canvas. Go ahead and paint the canvas, that is God's gift to you, but leave the canvas of others alone. Don't waste your life trying to do good in the hope of some future reward, heaven, nirvana, an end to the cycle of karma... whatever. Do good for the sake of doing something good. All these concepts, these paints, are useful, but they can be achieved here and now.
This may, or may not, be our only lives, but if we apply any of these concepts it wont matter either way. How can you be sent to hell if your karma is good?

Just a little rant of mine.
You obviously haven't read much of the Bible... I didn't even finish reading your reply because really there is no logic... not to say you're a complete idiot and that I am smarter, but seriously you have no clue. God isn't taunting the jews, they just could never commit to him... come on.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote