View Single Post
NurseJanet's Avatar NurseJanet
05-13-2006, 09:38 AM

This is all oh so heavy, man.

As long as we apes have tried to figure out why we're here and if as individuals our 70-odd years on this planet mean anything - religions rise and fall, blood is shed in the name of said religions; songs are written about life and death, and threads such as this and its many surrounding enter the loop of asking why...

As someone who had a childhood full of Sunday School, I didn't get the answers then nor do I now. The Bible offers much metaphorically about how to live one's life and how to treat others, but frankly and sadly, it functioned better as a life handbook for those NOT in modern times.

I can only live by what I do know: the power of Love, that we have a life force within us
that occupies these ape bodies of ours for roughly 7-8 decades if we're lucky; that when we die that life force MOVES, to where I do not know. (My belief comes from having been present during death, in both personal and professional situations.)

Of any modern Great Mind's point of view, this quote by Albert Einstein just about sums it up for me: "My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind."

Toss all the dogma aside - The Truth is really quite bigger than what we farting, ass-scratching lot can comprehend. I commend MJK for putting a very personal part of his life out for us to decipher, and for inspiring us to put our long-winded thoughts on threads such as these.

(edited for spelling)

Last edited by NurseJanet; 05-13-2006 at 09:43 AM..
Old 05-13-2006, 09:38 AM   #128
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: From Maynards Own Mouth

This is all oh so heavy, man.

As long as we apes have tried to figure out why we're here and if as individuals our 70-odd years on this planet mean anything - religions rise and fall, blood is shed in the name of said religions; songs are written about life and death, and threads such as this and its many surrounding enter the loop of asking why...

As someone who had a childhood full of Sunday School, I didn't get the answers then nor do I now. The Bible offers much metaphorically about how to live one's life and how to treat others, but frankly and sadly, it functioned better as a life handbook for those NOT in modern times.

I can only live by what I do know: the power of Love, that we have a life force within us
that occupies these ape bodies of ours for roughly 7-8 decades if we're lucky; that when we die that life force MOVES, to where I do not know. (My belief comes from having been present during death, in both personal and professional situations.)

Of any modern Great Mind's point of view, this quote by Albert Einstein just about sums it up for me: "My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind."

Toss all the dogma aside - The Truth is really quite bigger than what we farting, ass-scratching lot can comprehend. I commend MJK for putting a very personal part of his life out for us to decipher, and for inspiring us to put our long-winded thoughts on threads such as these.

(edited for spelling)

Last edited by NurseJanet; 05-13-2006 at 09:43 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote