View Single Post
Old 12-04-2006, 03:55 AM   #48
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/12/01 - Nottingham, UK - Nottingham Arena

The general consensus on here is that Nottingham was better than Manchester and for me, that is absolute.

Maybe it's because I was on the floor rather than seated stage left, maybe it was because I could get the full effect of the lightshow, maybe it was because I could hear everything perfectly, but I like to think it's because of that magician Carey. So many fills/beats were a little different tonight, even from the Manchester show, I really was in dreamland.

There was no issue with security, they all seemed to be much nicer people than in Manchester and willing to help rather than harm.

For me the highlights were Rosetta Stoned (the visuals really hit home on this one) and of course wings/10000days. I am not ashamed to admit that for the first time ever, I cried at a gig. The whole build up and then the "you're going hoooooommmme" just made me well up all inside. Tool's music has always had a profound effect on me but for this song, it is just a whole new level. Still haven't really recovered from that moment.

So what else can I say apart from thank you Tool, for the most uplifting experience of my life so far, all delivered impeccably, the week before I turn 30. You guys rule, peace out
OFFLINE |