View Single Post
vestal
08-09-2009, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by millermt View Post
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I hope the guys take some time off before writing the next album and doing the next tour because maybe by then Maynard will be interested.
I believe in the creative process and all but how much more time do they need to take off before writing the next album and doing the next tour? 10,000 Days was released in 2006 and the last time they toured was 2007. And it's not like they're not doing anything. They're just not doing Tool stuff. Seems like Tool is just not their priority and that's really really too bad as they are so monumentally talented working together.

What with Maynard not singing the hard parts live, the band playing almost the same set list for 2 tours, no talk of a new album and the last one having been released in 2006.......doesn't that bring one to begin to imagine the worst? I hope I am entirely wrong but the evidence suggests otherwise. They're not getting any younger and it's not going to get any easier.
Old 08-09-2009, 07:02 PM   #62
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 08.07.09 - Cincinnati, OH @ PNC Pavillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by millermt View Post
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I hope the guys take some time off before writing the next album and doing the next tour because maybe by then Maynard will be interested.
I believe in the creative process and all but how much more time do they need to take off before writing the next album and doing the next tour? 10,000 Days was released in 2006 and the last time they toured was 2007. And it's not like they're not doing anything. They're just not doing Tool stuff. Seems like Tool is just not their priority and that's really really too bad as they are so monumentally talented working together.

What with Maynard not singing the hard parts live, the band playing almost the same set list for 2 tours, no talk of a new album and the last one having been released in 2006.......doesn't that bring one to begin to imagine the worst? I hope I am entirely wrong but the evidence suggests otherwise. They're not getting any younger and it's not going to get any easier.
OFFLINE |