View Single Post
tonguedrop's Avatar tonguedrop
08-09-2009, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughes.1265 View Post
the sickest band in the world; ive seen tool 12 times & with the exception of bonnaroo 07', this was by far the best show ever.All the reviews on maynard's voice can go blow. your seats must of sucked; i was in the pit about 8 people back on adam and maynard's side and the sound was phenominal as was maynard's voice. i'm surprised that everyone that holds on to his every little word between songs dosent acknowledge when he takes a step back with his arm on his side and his foot/boot tip is pointing up as he leans on his heal to assess the sound situation(they do have monitors). i'm just being sarcastic of course and kinda poking fun at his critic's for over-anaylising him all of the time.YOU ARE ALL SEPARATING YOUR BODY'S FROM YOUR MIND'S!!! back to the show-danny was amazzing and stared at me the entire length of the sick tobla part of rosseta; bobbing his head to the poly-beat flawlessley. adam also on point; not taking as much of a back role as he used to; he stood out quite often absorbing the crowd. justin i think was in to the show the most though. i heard all kinds of ad-lib improvs out of him that may take tool into a new dirrection in new albums. the wings/10,000 teaser and prison-sex teaser's were great but we knew the set-list weeks ago. the lights, back drop and new visuals were off the hook. the gigantic see-thru human torso thAT spiralled into what i percieved as an alien on stage was super sik.Tweak bird was amazing as well.i normally dont like opening bands (im there to see the headliner)but as i stood outside the place drinking my $3.50 fruit punch waiting for something i ingested to take effect i was drawn to the floor with their music. i knew instantly that it was tool and co. who came out with foam and peanuts, tweak bird is a lucky band to have gotten to open for such an entity like tool.the stuff they performed during lateralus (some weird clarinet and drums was awesome.i didnt think anything could top MORRELO'S performance at bonnarro but this exceeded my expectations.only downside was i wished they would of played all nightlong,but we can only wish.tool is the pink floyd of our time and then some. i will be at every show they do in my area for the rest of my life, thanks for the healing guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what in the hell is the new alien stuff before rosseta???

I am in COMPLETE AGREEMENT. We were in the middle of the upper section. perfect view. the mix was great. the band was THUNDEROUS. My intense LSD trip snuck in right around the end of 46 and 2. I've seen Tool around 13 times dating back to Spring '97. While I can still think of a couple better Tool shows I've been to, this recent one blew any of the 5 times that I saw 10,000 Days tour out of the water.

great fucking job guys, cant wait for the new album.

WHEN IS ADAM JONES GOING TO MAKE HIS FEATURE FILM DEBUT WITH TOOL'S NEW ALBUM BEING THE SOUNDTRACK????? : )
Old 08-09-2009, 02:03 PM   #57
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 08.07.09 - Cincinnati, OH @ PNC Pavillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughes.1265 View Post
the sickest band in the world; ive seen tool 12 times & with the exception of bonnaroo 07', this was by far the best show ever.All the reviews on maynard's voice can go blow. your seats must of sucked; i was in the pit about 8 people back on adam and maynard's side and the sound was phenominal as was maynard's voice. i'm surprised that everyone that holds on to his every little word between songs dosent acknowledge when he takes a step back with his arm on his side and his foot/boot tip is pointing up as he leans on his heal to assess the sound situation(they do have monitors). i'm just being sarcastic of course and kinda poking fun at his critic's for over-anaylising him all of the time.YOU ARE ALL SEPARATING YOUR BODY'S FROM YOUR MIND'S!!! back to the show-danny was amazzing and stared at me the entire length of the sick tobla part of rosseta; bobbing his head to the poly-beat flawlessley. adam also on point; not taking as much of a back role as he used to; he stood out quite often absorbing the crowd. justin i think was in to the show the most though. i heard all kinds of ad-lib improvs out of him that may take tool into a new dirrection in new albums. the wings/10,000 teaser and prison-sex teaser's were great but we knew the set-list weeks ago. the lights, back drop and new visuals were off the hook. the gigantic see-thru human torso thAT spiralled into what i percieved as an alien on stage was super sik.Tweak bird was amazing as well.i normally dont like opening bands (im there to see the headliner)but as i stood outside the place drinking my $3.50 fruit punch waiting for something i ingested to take effect i was drawn to the floor with their music. i knew instantly that it was tool and co. who came out with foam and peanuts, tweak bird is a lucky band to have gotten to open for such an entity like tool.the stuff they performed during lateralus (some weird clarinet and drums was awesome.i didnt think anything could top MORRELO'S performance at bonnarro but this exceeded my expectations.only downside was i wished they would of played all nightlong,but we can only wish.tool is the pink floyd of our time and then some. i will be at every show they do in my area for the rest of my life, thanks for the healing guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what in the hell is the new alien stuff before rosseta???

I am in COMPLETE AGREEMENT. We were in the middle of the upper section. perfect view. the mix was great. the band was THUNDEROUS. My intense LSD trip snuck in right around the end of 46 and 2. I've seen Tool around 13 times dating back to Spring '97. While I can still think of a couple better Tool shows I've been to, this recent one blew any of the 5 times that I saw 10,000 Days tour out of the water.

great fucking job guys, cant wait for the new album.

WHEN IS ADAM JONES GOING TO MAKE HIS FEATURE FILM DEBUT WITH TOOL'S NEW ALBUM BEING THE SOUNDTRACK????? : )
OFFLINE |