View Single Post
The Dharma Bum
05-03-2006, 09:01 AM

I find it interesting that people are talking about the mysticism concidering the artwaork of the album has a distinctly Victorian feel. It was during the Victorian age that Mysticism/Spirituality was at it's peak, and when it was largely exposed to be fruadulant. Could this be the "theme" everyone is looking for? Only this time around it is a bit more subtle. I like 10,000 days, it has great tone, and is possibly the best recording they have they have yet produced. Sadly, Maynard's vocals/lyrics seem to be the weak point of the Album. Something just seems off, I can't quite put my finger on it. However, I still like it. I have the day off, so I am going to spend the day immersing myself in the music, see how it stands next to previous albums. Perhaps I will share my thoughts, later. I will say this, I don't like the packaging. The art work is fine, but I think it is a bit gimmicky (as someone else mentioned) and more than a little inconvenient.
Old 05-03-2006, 09:01 AM   #32
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Re: There is no theme

I find it interesting that people are talking about the mysticism concidering the artwaork of the album has a distinctly Victorian feel. It was during the Victorian age that Mysticism/Spirituality was at it's peak, and when it was largely exposed to be fruadulant. Could this be the "theme" everyone is looking for? Only this time around it is a bit more subtle. I like 10,000 days, it has great tone, and is possibly the best recording they have they have yet produced. Sadly, Maynard's vocals/lyrics seem to be the weak point of the Album. Something just seems off, I can't quite put my finger on it. However, I still like it. I have the day off, so I am going to spend the day immersing myself in the music, see how it stands next to previous albums. Perhaps I will share my thoughts, later. I will say this, I don't like the packaging. The art work is fine, but I think it is a bit gimmicky (as someone else mentioned) and more than a little inconvenient.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote