View Single Post
Old 09-10-2006, 10:42 AM   #21
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/09 - Phoenix, AZ - Cricket Pavilion

My second show, the first being Coachella this year.

Two wrongs don't make a right, and Maynard displayed that by walking offstage and leaving us (albeit still amazing) wIth an instrumental The Pot and 46 & 2. I was AMAZED at how the guys didn't falter on anything, and just kept plugging away. When MJK came back on stage, it looked like he leaned over to tell Danny something, who knows what. I know it's probably irritating to get pegged in the head with a waterbottle, while sick, but really it wasn't necessary to leave for AS LONG as he did.

Visuals were amazing, Lateralus had me going NUTS. Rosetta Stoned was amazing, I've found a new liking for that song (as is with hearing most Tool songs live). Hearing Wings was a real treat, but it seemed like most of the audience didn't really get the "specialness" of the tune, and most people seemed pretty bored in my section.

No Jambi, Opiate, Right in Two (FUCK!) really sucks, but you can't blame the guy for being sick. He even cracked a note or two on....Schism was it? I can't remember, but more than once MJK squeaked a bit, but I loved it. They're just guys playing some good rock music, not mythical gods of ancient magic. Stop throwing shit at them.

Oh well. It's Tool. We'll pay twice as much to see half the show and hear a fourth of the actual song.

PS- Isis was great. I can't believe so many people disliked them.
OFFLINE |