View Single Post
Old 09-09-2006, 08:51 AM   #27
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/08 - Los Angeles, CA - Staples Center

Tool part 7 for me. A flawless evening from every standpoint. Somehow me and my buddy got from San Diego to LA in 3 hours during Friday afternoon rush hour, so we had plenty of time to get sweet parking and put down a few before the show. Security was good to us. Pointed us right to our 20th row seats. Being 6'3" the seating on the floor is ideal because I could see everything, including Maynard's feet waiving back and forth when the band was sitting together on stage.

I had never seen Rosetta Stoned live. The song has so much energy and should be the start of every Tool show I believe. The new twists in Stinkfist and Schism are amazing, its always fascinating to hear something you've never heard before. The mouth guitar solo in Jambi is my favorite part in any Tool song, and its even better live. Wings part I and II, what can I say, those songs are the most well written songs I've ever heard.

If Maynard was sick I commend him for sucking it up so we could enjoy the show. To the people putting down the quality of the show I'm guessing you didn't notice Maynard repeated the line "Fuck all you junkies and Fuck your short memory."
OFFLINE |