View Single Post
Old 09-08-2006, 11:37 PM   #12
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 32
Re: 2006/09/08 - Los Angeles, CA - Staples Center

We were a little bit late, and I guess we missed meeting up with anyone, and some dicks below us started throwing drinks up and ruined the last bit of the last song, put a bit of a damper on things but great show. Seemed a bit short though.

EDIT:

I thought the show was great - as did my wife for whom it was a first time seeing Tool, though she's been a fan as long as anyone here - was hoping to see more visuals during "Rosetta" and pleasantly surprised when they included the "Lost Keys" intro. It was cool how they gradually brought more visuals in as the show progressed. The acoustics weren't the best, but not the worst, either... I could understand the lyrics quite well (with the exception of "Rosetta," heh) despite being up in the 300's. Maynard's comments were hard to understand a couple times, though. It was a good view of the stage, lasers (which didn't look too cheesy from where we were), and screens. I'd still like to see some different songs in the set, maybe they'll mix it up a little more if they come back around next year. The alternate versions were a nice spin, though.

Last edited by Spaceman Spiff; 09-09-2006 at 11:20 AM..
OFFLINE |