View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 04:26 PM   #1628
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: General Tool tour questions / discussion (merged)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesegreater View Post
You could have spared me all that. It's not like I'm telling everyone to go listen to Hillary Duff here. Tool is and always will be my favorite band, but I shouldn't have to say that as a disclaimer everytime I say something about the band. You missed my whole point entirely.

Did you read the other 90% where I was talking about people thinking this whole arm thing is a prank? That was what my post was about, not big, evil, record companies.

I just find it a little rediculous that everything that comes out of their mouths is supposed to be cryptic and have all kinds of multiple meanings. Let me elaborate, "The album is a hoax! The most elaborate ever! The real one comes out this month!" or "Danny's shoulder stuff is just made up. They're just trying to work harder on new material for us on the next tour!"

Can't we take at least one thing they say seriously?

Dude part of the reason tool has the following they do is BECAUSE they are so cryptic. If they came out and sat down for a 10 part barbara walters interview where they spilled their entire life stories in detail and the complete meaning of their music it would be so boring!! They pull all the pranks and make comments like ""The album is a hoax! The most elaborate ever! The real one comes out this month!" because there are people out there who are dumb enough to believe it. Did Danny hurt his arm? Well, since an entire tour was rescheduled (which couldn't be an easy thing for the band and the venues to work out), then something major happened. It's not like they can grab a replacement drummer for 3 months! I don't believe the Maynard/wine theory because he always has side projects. He's been supposedly working on a Puscifer album in between shows. whatever the reason, the band went to a lot of trouble and effort to reschedule, so the reason behind it must have been a BFD. Just lighten up. or you'll really make Maynard want to "find jesus". Yes is sucks that you have to wade through a bunch of alien abduction, time traveling bullshit newletters to get the real news, but hell, at least it makes the band more interesting.
"Last night am I seeing my little Sophie run by my apartment naked and soapy like bear, pulling giant black dogs around singing "not in the butt"? In old country we have word for that Charlie Asher. Word is NASTY."
~Mrs. Korjev in Christopher Moore's "A Dirty Job"
OFFLINE |