Thread: Drumming 46%2
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2004, 02:11 AM   #8
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Drumming 46%2

[QUOTE=InnerCombustion]ok can get through this song, and for the first time yesterday, I played the solo break correctly. I still need to practice, but im getting it down. That part in the break was getting me; he would do these accents on the +'s of the beats, but went over the bar line, so it was hard, and nearly pointless to count out loud. keepin workin on it..
anyone else get through this break? any suggestions for gettin through it would be great[/QUOTE

I've been playing for 10 years and after all that technical shite that i tried with this song, for me the easiest way was just to listen to it over, and over, and over, and over, and over...etc etc. You pick up exactly where things are just from hearing a bell or something small, then you'll work out that after that bell he kicks bass twice then it's a certain fill. It's what i call literal counting, as in counting how many hits or kicks he does, not necessarily counting beats. Eventually you'll be able to play it in ur head, then improvise it and add stuff in too! If all else fails, visit www.dannycarey.org and watch the virtual clinic in the education section.
Good luck!
D-man.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote