View Single Post
dozer30
04-25-2017, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellboy1975 View Post
I would say that all contracts are different and that anyone suggesting Tool must debut new music to headline a festival are drawing a long bow.
I dont think they would get involved in anything where they would be forced into anything of that nature, and i wouldnt be incredibly happy if they played the whole tour and then decide to drop the new album at the very last show. I do think that they could play new material starting with the first show of the tour but knowing that everybody is uploading the shows almost instantly they would most certainly like to have listeners hear new material on a proper setup and not recorded from an iphone. so in the end im conflicted about it all. i say one whole new song right from the start and the last show involving something very special involving that song as well as a big announcement or maybe a new video or something unexpected. i do believe in my curveball theory but not on what exactly this will turn out to be.
Old 04-25-2017, 07:09 PM   #5329
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: General Tool Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellboy1975 View Post
I would say that all contracts are different and that anyone suggesting Tool must debut new music to headline a festival are drawing a long bow.
I dont think they would get involved in anything where they would be forced into anything of that nature, and i wouldnt be incredibly happy if they played the whole tour and then decide to drop the new album at the very last show. I do think that they could play new material starting with the first show of the tour but knowing that everybody is uploading the shows almost instantly they would most certainly like to have listeners hear new material on a proper setup and not recorded from an iphone. so in the end im conflicted about it all. i say one whole new song right from the start and the last show involving something very special involving that song as well as a big announcement or maybe a new video or something unexpected. i do believe in my curveball theory but not on what exactly this will turn out to be.