View Single Post
Old 03-07-2007, 10:09 AM   #6
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Jungian Theory???

Quote:
Originally Posted by VADT757 View Post
Basically, it's believed that there are three levels of human evolution and each has it's form of conciousness. There's the 1st level with 44 chromosones. These are primitve people's like the aboriginies in Australia who do not percieve anything outside of themselves. They only see one large conciousness with no distinguishment between organisms. Then there's the second level with 46 chromosones. That is us. We are a chaotic disharmonic conciousness that is basically used as a stepping stone between the first and third levels. The third level is 48 chromosones. (Or 46 & 2, with 2 being the sex chromosones x & y). This is the higher level of conciousness. Our destination.

But this is where the Jungian theory comes in. It is believed that you can not reach this third level of evolution without first delving into yourself and basically cleansing your conciousness for the next jump. That's where the Shadow comes in. The shadow is basically everything about that is unseen that you are uncomfortable with or hate. This is also known as the Anima (hence the name of the CD).

I liked your explaination of the jungian theory. However there is a little mor to the shadow and the aenima/ aenimus theory. The aenima represents the female and the irrational side of a man and the aenimus represents the the male and the rational side of a woman.
I think that the aenima theory could explain the homosexual undertones through out the album, ect. And the identification with his mother Judith(APC) and Brena. Because the theory coveres the Oedipus complex and love at first sight.
But Jung also promoted the spiritual experience.
I ran across this information researching Carl Jung and the 12 steps. Which these theories were used in the contribution of the steps.
I don't know if I articulated myself correctly. But you may find it interesting as well.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote