View Single Post
JE Mack's Avatar JE Mack
06-15-2006, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyfunball
"peanuts parents" Would fit within the song, especially given the way it's mentioned as a non-sequitor to the story. 'By the way, why do you all sound like this?' Not much more I can say about that, but I thought "my penis hurts" was also a great non-sequitor as well :)

"somniferous" sounds possible/plausible, but I do not hear "almond" no matter how many times I listen to it. And still, "somniferous almond eyes" seems like an awefully descriptive phrase for the character to use only to immediately say he doesn't know what it means. The word following "somniferous" has to be the key because "somniferous almond eyes" is actually just a good poetic description, but not really all that incomprehensible. I gather instead that the character is attempting to describe an object and/or it's function and is struggling to relay both what it is and what it does.
IMO i think he's not saying he doesn't know what "somniferous almond eyes" means, i think relaying/reliving a moment when the alien looked at him with his almond eyes that made him feel sleepy and then told him something telepathically. he didn't know what that telepathic message meant so he says "don't even know what that means...(the way he sings it sounds to me like he's drowsy from looking into the aliens somniferous almond eyes)...must remember to write it down (still sounds drowsy to me)."

it's like if you hear something that's just a little over your head, you can think "i get it" but if you don't write it down right at that moment when you get it or rehearse it in your head over you won't really understand it later when you try to explain it to someone else.
Old 06-15-2006, 06:15 PM   #746
Banned.

Bincount™: 3972
Re: 08 - Rosetta Stoned lyrics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyfunball
"peanuts parents" Would fit within the song, especially given the way it's mentioned as a non-sequitor to the story. 'By the way, why do you all sound like this?' Not much more I can say about that, but I thought "my penis hurts" was also a great non-sequitor as well :)

"somniferous" sounds possible/plausible, but I do not hear "almond" no matter how many times I listen to it. And still, "somniferous almond eyes" seems like an awefully descriptive phrase for the character to use only to immediately say he doesn't know what it means. The word following "somniferous" has to be the key because "somniferous almond eyes" is actually just a good poetic description, but not really all that incomprehensible. I gather instead that the character is attempting to describe an object and/or it's function and is struggling to relay both what it is and what it does.
IMO i think he's not saying he doesn't know what "somniferous almond eyes" means, i think relaying/reliving a moment when the alien looked at him with his almond eyes that made him feel sleepy and then told him something telepathically. he didn't know what that telepathic message meant so he says "don't even know what that means...(the way he sings it sounds to me like he's drowsy from looking into the aliens somniferous almond eyes)...must remember to write it down (still sounds drowsy to me)."

it's like if you hear something that's just a little over your head, you can think "i get it" but if you don't write it down right at that moment when you get it or rehearse it in your head over you won't really understand it later when you try to explain it to someone else.
OFFLINE |