View Single Post
Happyfunball's Avatar Happyfunball
06-14-2006, 03:18 PM

"peanuts parents" Would fit within the song, especially given the way it's mentioned as a non-sequitor to the story. 'By the way, why do you all sound like this?' Not much more I can say about that, but I thought "my penis hurts" was also a great non-sequitor as well :)

"somniferous" sounds possible/plausible, but I do not hear "almond" no matter how many times I listen to it. And still, "somniferous almond eyes" seems like an awefully descriptive phrase for the character to use only to immediately say he doesn't know what it means. The word following "somniferous" has to be the key because "somniferous almond eyes" is actually just a good poetic description, but not really all that incomprehensible. I gather instead that the character is attempting to describe an object and/or it's function and is struggling to relay both what it is and what it does.
Old 06-14-2006, 03:18 PM   #742
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 11
Re: 08 - Rosetta Stoned lyrics

"peanuts parents" Would fit within the song, especially given the way it's mentioned as a non-sequitor to the story. 'By the way, why do you all sound like this?' Not much more I can say about that, but I thought "my penis hurts" was also a great non-sequitor as well :)

"somniferous" sounds possible/plausible, but I do not hear "almond" no matter how many times I listen to it. And still, "somniferous almond eyes" seems like an awefully descriptive phrase for the character to use only to immediately say he doesn't know what it means. The word following "somniferous" has to be the key because "somniferous almond eyes" is actually just a good poetic description, but not really all that incomprehensible. I gather instead that the character is attempting to describe an object and/or it's function and is struggling to relay both what it is and what it does.
OFFLINE |