View Single Post
reordian
06-14-2006, 09:01 AM

Maybe this was already said or mentioned, can't remember, anyway, just minor corrections:

- born to BARE and read to all the details of our...
- like the TIDE they floated away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimistic-pessimist
I kind of agree with Qwalabare... No one has really offered anything new or constructive in a long time. It's all a bunch of rehashed, repeated, tired comments.

Yes there are some lines that may still be wrong. Yes there are some parts that are probably right but not everyone agrees on them. Oh well. Posting for the 15th time that, "There's just no way that [insert line] can be right. I don't see how anyone hears this" is not going to accomplish anything other than wasting space and people's time. But hey, the album's only been out for 6 weeks now... If you're STILL entertained by fretting over those last few syllables... then more power to ya. But honestly, they aren't going to change the overall meaning of the song. We all get the point of what's trying to be said. I'm content to enjoy the album and wait for Maynard to post his version. But maybe that's just me...
Couldn't agree more. Goes for the other songs as well.
Old 06-14-2006, 09:01 AM   #734
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 08 - Rosetta Stoned lyrics

Maybe this was already said or mentioned, can't remember, anyway, just minor corrections:

- born to BARE and read to all the details of our...
- like the TIDE they floated away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimistic-pessimist
I kind of agree with Qwalabare... No one has really offered anything new or constructive in a long time. It's all a bunch of rehashed, repeated, tired comments.

Yes there are some lines that may still be wrong. Yes there are some parts that are probably right but not everyone agrees on them. Oh well. Posting for the 15th time that, "There's just no way that [insert line] can be right. I don't see how anyone hears this" is not going to accomplish anything other than wasting space and people's time. But hey, the album's only been out for 6 weeks now... If you're STILL entertained by fretting over those last few syllables... then more power to ya. But honestly, they aren't going to change the overall meaning of the song. We all get the point of what's trying to be said. I'm content to enjoy the album and wait for Maynard to post his version. But maybe that's just me...
Couldn't agree more. Goes for the other songs as well.
OFFLINE |