View Single Post
Old 06-04-2003, 11:43 AM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
The Meaning of H. Spoken by Maynard himself

During the 1997 Lollapooloza tour Maynard spoke something generally like this " This next song is about having children, do any of you have kids? It is amazing how much they change your life isn't it?" Then began to play H. which is one of my favorite songs. If you listen to the song you can see why this could be true:

Whats coming through is alive - Giving Birth

My blood before me begs me open up my heart again - His child is his blood, wants to be loved, all children to

I feel this coming over like a storm again - All of the emotions that being a father brings.

I am too connected to you, slip away to fade away, Days away I still feel you touching me, changing me, and considerately killing me - He is his son he is connected to him, days away.. while on tour waiting to come home to see him, killing me.. he misses him so much it is killing him.

And as the snake is drowned and as i looked in his eyes my fear begins to fade recalling all of the times i could have cried then, I should have cried then - He has been scared of being a father but as he looks at his son he loosed that fear, he should of cried when his child was born because he was so happy.

And as the snake is drowned and as i look in your eyes my fear begins to fade recalling all of the times i have died, and will die its alright i don't mind - he is now speaking to his son, saying im not scared anymore im not scared your going to hurt me, and make me die inside, and all the times in the future that you will do it, i dont mind i love you your my son.

Thats how I take the song ever since 1997.

What do you think??
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote