View Single Post
SunBurN's Avatar SunBurN
06-30-2006, 09:34 AM

Also, if you listen to the part that's widely regarded as "lalalalalalalala-lie" especially in the live versions and given maynards lyrical style and sense of sarcasm in his writing, I'm hearing "lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie..." x4 which is sarcastic in the sense he's singing it like a lullabye as if being representitive of how our government and the media disguise things.

To me it also connects with his song from APC "The Pet" and to me, that flows well with the content of the song. Like we're all lying to ourselves telling ourselves everything is ok and living in our "happy haze" but if you watch the TV if you really open your eyes to the enormousness and level of everything going on in the world, it's quite daunting how much corruption, death and destruction takes place every second of every day.

But since it's not actually happening to us, we can sit back in the realtive security of our homes and watch it from afar and think to ourselves, "better you than I".

Last edited by SunBurN; 06-30-2006 at 09:38 AM..
Old 06-30-2006, 09:34 AM   #683
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 01 - Vicarious lyrics

Also, if you listen to the part that's widely regarded as "lalalalalalalala-lie" especially in the live versions and given maynards lyrical style and sense of sarcasm in his writing, I'm hearing "lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie..." x4 which is sarcastic in the sense he's singing it like a lullabye as if being representitive of how our government and the media disguise things.

To me it also connects with his song from APC "The Pet" and to me, that flows well with the content of the song. Like we're all lying to ourselves telling ourselves everything is ok and living in our "happy haze" but if you watch the TV if you really open your eyes to the enormousness and level of everything going on in the world, it's quite daunting how much corruption, death and destruction takes place every second of every day.

But since it's not actually happening to us, we can sit back in the realtive security of our homes and watch it from afar and think to ourselves, "better you than I".

Last edited by SunBurN; 06-30-2006 at 09:38 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote