View Single Post
SunBurN's Avatar SunBurN
06-30-2006, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Fluorescence
"pull your head on out your happy haze and give a listen"

Definitely agree here. This line has been bothering me for months now. Thank you for clearing it up for me.

"I own the tv"

Have to disagree here. It just doesn't make sense. Why does the thrill he gets from tragedy make him "own" the tv? I have to stick with "Eye on the tv" here. That makes perfect sense.

I think the argument for "I own the TV" is the only reason he owns the TV is because he loves watching tragedy unfold via the various media outlets. But, honestly I think it sounds stupid as lyrics and I don't think MJK would write something like that.

To me it makes as much sense (and sounds better in the overall flow of the song and lyrical poetry that is MJK's writing style) if its "Eye on the TV" which just means that he's watching the TV and the only real reason he's watching it is to watch the tragedies unfold in the safety of his home or wherever his is in the context of the song.
Old 06-30-2006, 08:21 AM   #681
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 01 - Vicarious lyrics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Fluorescence
"pull your head on out your happy haze and give a listen"

Definitely agree here. This line has been bothering me for months now. Thank you for clearing it up for me.

"I own the tv"

Have to disagree here. It just doesn't make sense. Why does the thrill he gets from tragedy make him "own" the tv? I have to stick with "Eye on the tv" here. That makes perfect sense.

I think the argument for "I own the TV" is the only reason he owns the TV is because he loves watching tragedy unfold via the various media outlets. But, honestly I think it sounds stupid as lyrics and I don't think MJK would write something like that.

To me it makes as much sense (and sounds better in the overall flow of the song and lyrical poetry that is MJK's writing style) if its "Eye on the TV" which just means that he's watching the TV and the only real reason he's watching it is to watch the tragedies unfold in the safety of his home or wherever his is in the context of the song.