View Single Post
Old 05-17-2006, 07:42 AM   #53
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 29
Re: 2006/05/16 - Toronto, CAN - Hummingbird Centre

My two cents…

1.Venue: Pretty good. Intimate. I was in row P, seat 44 – basically in the middle – and the sound was great. The high-end was a bit high, the low end a bit powerful, but it worked fine. No complaints. Having only seen them in large arenas before, this was perfect.

2.Crowd: Kinda lame. OK, that's a bit harsh, but I was, as far as I could tell, the only person within a few rows of me that was fucking givin’er. Oh yeah, I fucking gave’r. My neck kills and it was so worth it. I can’t not convulse, ya know? Don't get me wrong, I didn't enter anyone else's space or anything, but there were just too many standing still types. All the power to them, I suppose, but that's not how I roll when I've waited 4 years to see them again. Funny little couple in front of me – before the show, they were both on their Blackberry’s. Real normal, square looking couple, but once the music started, the chick didn’t stop grooving. An eclectic mix of freaks, geeks and norms. Good times. Wish they’d been louder, but whatever. Everyone seemed happy, so that’s all that matters.

3.Band: Tore shit up. Yeah, Maynard butchered some lyrics, held back on some notes and there was some over-all rust. Big fucking deal. I could care less. 98% of it was spot on. My highlight was Vicarious. I dropped a wad at that 6:40 mark. Money. Would have preferred The Patient and The Pot to Right in Two, but who the fuck am I to whine? Nobody. It was awesome so fuck complaints. Anyone lame enough to not find a million positives in this show can chug pickle.

4.TDNers: Awesome. Nice to meet some of you cats. The lil’ gift was wicked, and I managed to get mine home intact. Hope some of you had a chance to hang after the show. I had to bail. I basically floated out to the HBC.

5.FUCK: So Danny whips his drum head, and as it’s midair I think “Holyfuckingshit it is coming *right* fucking at me!” so I lurch forward – it’s 3 feet in front of me and heading straight for my melon! Then…the fuckstick in front of me gets a fucking stupid, fat finger on it and it deflects directly in to the guy beside me’s lap. FUCK! I look right at him and say “$100 right now for that” and he says “No chance”. FUCKITYFUCKFUCK! Danny had written on it. It was the only downer of the night. I’m not dwelling on it, because that would be lamer than Mrhand’s review, but still…it stings a bit. FUCK!

Best Maynardism: After they sat down, basked in our love, and returned to their places, Maynard said "Thanks. Now that's what I'm talking aboot". Aboot? Awesome. I LOL'd at that shit.

Final thought - having read reviews from all the shows so far, you'll find cretins here and there who complain that "Maynard made the same joke in Detroit that he did in Minny" or "I wish they'd move around more on stage". All I can do is laugh at those poor, pitiful douchetards.

Last edited by Bino; 05-17-2006 at 08:03 AM.. Reason: 'Cuz fuck you. That's why.
OFFLINE |