View Single Post
Old 05-17-2006, 07:21 AM   #52
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/05/16 - Toronto, CAN - Hummingbird Centre

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhand
It's always the variables (which Tool does not control) that either amplify and heighten the performance and make it an overall phenomenal show (a la Seattle/Denver)....or muddle it, drag it down, and make it what it was tonight. Which was a great fucking band playing a great fucking show in a crap venue with crap sound with a crap crowd..
So... you're not trying to rain on our parade, but then you say things like "crap crowd"? It seemed to me like Tool had no problems with the crowd. If they did, they certainly fooled me. Heck, if I was them and I was playing to a crowd I thought was crap, I would go backstage before the encore (if I was going to give them an encore at all).

Personally, I don't need everyone else to be jumping up and down and trying to mosh in the seats while shouting "TOOOOOOOOOOOOL" like they are the lead singer of some hardcore/screamo band to enjoy a show. I only say that because that's really the only thing I can think of when you talk about the crowd not being as "good" as the ones in Seattle and Denver. Everyone around me was enjoying the show in their own way, and that's all I would ever want or expect from fellow fans. I did the same (with some singing, bouncing, fist pumps, horns, and headbangning thrown in), and I didn't really care how other people chose to listen. I do feel sorry for you if you need to have everyone in the crowd acting a certain way in order to fully enjoy a show. It's... well, it's kind of pathetic.

One more thing about the crowd: you could feel the anticipation in the air before the show started, and it was amplified by the random bouts of cheering that would ripple across the theatre until everyone was clapping. I'm scared to think of what people were doing pre-show at those other two you went to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhand
if you're a halfwit flag-on-your-backpack type who's only interested in tossing up a knee-jerk defense because Tool played in your hometown and you won't hear anyone denigrate that sacred cow....then save yourself the time and effort....it's a waste of space.
Hey, you can't use the "flag-on-your-backpack" line against us... We don't buy flags from your country to sew onto our bags when we go overseas; it's the other way around. ;)

Last edited by forty two; 05-17-2006 at 09:01 AM..
OFFLINE |