View Single Post
Old 05-17-2006, 07:06 AM   #51
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/05/16 - Toronto, CAN - Hummingbird Centre

I also saw them in Seattle and last night, and have to agree that the sound was much more subdued in Toronto. As was the crowd, which is something I love - it gave me less distraction and more time to focus on the band. They didn't play RI2 in Seattle, so it was great to see it live - Carey was off the charts. For those who didn't see The Pot on this tour, you are missing out, it was epic. I too, would love to see the Grudge, but hey, I'll take what I can get, and this being my 8th Tool Show dating back to 93, I've seen pretty much everything they have (except for maybe Flood...what a shame).

Anyway, go easy on what's his name - it's just a bad review. Movies, books, etc get them all the time, and critics aren't generally bombarded with personal attacks. And no, I have no idea who that dude is.

All in all, I thought it was a great show. I am seeing them Friday, and am hoping/praying for a slight set change, but who am I to bitch about the decisions of the best band on the planet. My personal favorites from Toronto were Rosetta (which I didn't love on the album, now I'm obsessed with it), Jambi, and of course Lateralus - such a perfect song, despite the slight fuck up.

Speaking of which, I've been reading these reviews daily, and there is almost always a criticism of Adam's playing - anyone know what's going on here? We all know how talented he is, so I'd think it's technical issues, but you'd think they'd be worked out by now...any guesses?

D
OFFLINE |