View Single Post
Old 05-17-2006, 06:52 AM   #49
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/05/16 - Toronto, CAN - Hummingbird Centre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eighteenth Eye
The only complaint I have from tonight was the lame crowd (maybe it was just up in my area). Contest winners should not be in the front few rows. Period!.
Sitting down?! In the first few rows?! That just can't be, there's some mistake. What a travesty. Something needs to be done about this. Can you even imagine the kind of vibe that could have been achieved if you stuck all the toolarmy/tdn fans in the first few rows?! Maybe next time....

I was rocking out in Row m, on the left/ctr aisle, and the crowd around me was (1) on its feet, and (2) screaming loudly for many parts of the show. So I have no complaints. (other than that i'm deaf and hoarse today - but that was expected)

This was certainly not my first tool show, but it was my first trip to the Hummingbird. I kid you not, one of the highlights of the night for me was when we first entered the venue, and i saw the stage through the open doors at the back of the auditorium -- all i could think was 'i'm at the back of the room, and THAT's how close the stage is?! Fuck ya!" From that point on, the rest was all gravy.

As for what they did/didn't play -- what does it matter? We know the boys are coming around again soon, and we know that set list will change.

did anyone else almost pass out in the middle of schism? I mean, really, that song knocked me on my ass.

setting all comparisons aside, this was a phenomenal show in its own right -- there's no question that they blew the roof off.

I'm not sure when I'll get this cheshire cat grin off my face ~
OFFLINE |