View Single Post
Old 05-17-2006, 05:59 AM   #47
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/05/16 - Toronto, CAN - Hummingbird Centre

mr hand is at the forefront again, however, no hate here (let me explain), in defence of mr hand...i think you simply hit us a little too quick with your objective critique, we're all still in la-la land and you've seen so many shows that you're lucid enough to make such astute observations. i do appreciate everybody's remarks but it was a cold point to make and difficult to understand considering we had our last comparable show some years ago now. regardless, i thought the show was plenty loud and enjoyed the overall sound and atmosphere of the venue (mistakes, shortcomings and all) but it's difficult to 'rock out' physically at a seated venue without causing problems with your neighbours, i know your peoples aren't concerned with that. btw, i'm no blind patriot of the locale...maybe i'm too starved for tool to know any better but i just loved the show! anyways, all the best to you on your adventures w the band (i am jealous) nuf said about that, seriously...now when reflecting on the show, aside from the show totally kicking ass, i agree w some others that although right in two was performed really well it's my least fav tool song, some of my bros love it and it's growing on me and has some great parts but i would've preferred the pot or the grudge (can't get everything), but it did give us a moment to collect our brain bits and prepare for the remainder. during one of the feedback intros/seques did anyone else feel like they were hinting at the art bell song? have they ever played the eggs of satan live? although, not a great display of their many talents (maybe boring for them to perform) i think it would be a devastating (not to mention hilarious) live song. thanks again to the band for dropping by and kicking our asses.