View Single Post
Old 05-17-2006, 05:56 AM   #46

Bincount™: 7676
Re: 2006/05/16 - Toronto, CAN - Hummingbird Centre

I thoroughly enjoyed myself last night. It was exactly what I needed and I can’t wait for them to come back in the fall. It’s kind of unrealistic when you think about how high our expectations are of the band and sound quality etc… We revel in their music and put these 4 guys on such a high pedestal that only Demi-Gods could meet some of our expectations. I confess that I too am guilty of this at times, but I just have to remind myself that these 4 guys are incredible musicians and have most certainly enhanced my life throughout the years, and for that I am grateful. Who I am to criticize them when I can’t even play 2 successive chords on a guitar without fucking up.

Last night wasn’t the best Tool show I’ve seen, but I think it’s counterproductive to list all the reasons why the show wasn’t the greatest of all time. I’d rather contemplate the aspects of the show that sent chills up my spine and gave me goose bumps. I believe that for the most part everyone in this forum is open-minded and willing to hear criticisms, but one must also consider that we have waited in great anticipation for this show, paid good money for the tickets, and ultimately just want to immerse ourselves in the Tool experience. No one is perfect and to expect the show to be perfect is absurd. So how about instead of coming into this forum with negativity, humour us and tell us what you liked about the show, as none of us have any interest in acquiring a negative spin on the show or the band. It’s just getting so tiring hearing all these criticisms of 10,000 days and now we have to hear it about the live show.

I love Tool and always will. I’m just thankful that I was afforded the opportunity to see my favourite band live. What a treat to see my hero’s less than 15 feet away from me. Danny totally stole the show in my opinion. I almost teared up at the end when he bowed to the crowd and you can see it in his face how happy he was with his performance and the appreciation the crowd was showing him. Adam seems like a rather clandestine character. Very mild mannered and subdued on stage. I was really impressed with his play and seeing him up close helped me realize the intricacies and complexity that goes into his song writing. I felt myself tense up a few times wondering if he’s going to hit that ever so subtle note that I hear on the albums. And he did; every time. Wow. Vicarious was really impressive live.

Anyway, last nights performance only served to corroborate my feeling that Tool may be the best band around these days.

It was very nice meeting all the TDN people at the Hot House. Looking forward to seeing you all in the fall.

Last edited by J A G; 05-17-2006 at 05:59 AM..
OFFLINE |