View Single Post
Old 05-17-2006, 05:23 AM   #45
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/05/16 - Toronto, CAN - Hummingbird Centre

I was down front in what was originally the 2nd row (EE) but became the 4th row with the front 2/3 rows being filled with contest winners and The Hummingbird Centre staff's best friends or something. And trust me it showed!

I was in the aisle in the front left section(near the centre) with a Tool #3 shirt on and was rockin' out the entire show! The first 2 rows in my section were sitting the whole f'n time! And them, along with a bunch of other losers that filled the entire centre aisle of row DD just stood there like statues and didn't even bob their head or sing the words to songs that everyone in the building should know like Sober or Schism. There were a few others moving around but for the most part the crowd was lame!

The band frickin' rocked and it was my fourth TOOL show and it was very memorable and was a different experience than the last times I have seen them. It was amazing and I am still buzzing but nothing will beat the atmosphere that was created in the ACC. They made the "Hangar" feel smaller than the Hummingbird Centre and Push It (Salival version) was by far the greatest Tool moment that I will ever experience!

Highlights for me tonight was the teaser ending when they played Lateralus just like at the end of the other shows from the last tour and then sat on the stage and blew us away with an incredible encore (I avoided all spoilers before the show so this was a nice surprise). Adam's solo in Jambi with his Peter Frampton "Talk Box" was incredible!

The only complaint I have from tonight was the lame crowd (maybe it was just up in my area). Contest winners should not be in the front few rows. Period!. The boys blew everyone away and if I had nothing to compare it to it would be the best show I had ever seen and I am happy for all the first time Tool fans that finally got to experience the best band in the world do what they do best!
OFFLINE |