View Single Post
Old 05-17-2006, 04:21 AM   #43
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/05/16 - Toronto, CAN - Hummingbird Centre

This was my third Tool show and although it was very good I think there was room for improvement as well. I hope I don't get flamed for saying that. Some people on this board have a nasty way of attacking those who have a slight criticism of the band or their show's. Take it easy it is just another person's opinion.
Although I like Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned, I thought they could have made a better choice for the opening number. It just seemed a little flat and the crowd was a little subdued during this. The sound was muddied (vocals) at this point but they had that fixed by the time they kicked into Stinkfist. Stinkfist,46&2 or Vicarious would have been better opening choices IMO,because it would have whipped the crowd into a frenzy right from the opening note.
Schism & Sober are great tunes, but I can't help but wish they had played something a little less popular. Perhaps I've heard them too much.
Highlights for me were ,46&2,Jambi, Right in Two ( Danny,just awesome).
Lateralus, Vicarious,and Aenima made for a killer finish to the show. The show seemed a little short too. One or two more songs (the pot, for instance) would have pushed the show over the edge for me.
All in all I give it an 8 outta 10. With some minor tweaking (which they will do before they come back) it will be a great Tour in the fall/winter.
OFFLINE |