View Single Post
Old 07-07-2003, 09:07 AM   #8
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: H. stands for Heroin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRNinja23
I hate to sound arrogant, but this is really obvious if you know that H is a slang for Heroin. Heroin is spelled with a capital H because it is a brand name - the drug is really called diacetylmorphine. The snake refers to the drug, which will tempt you because it seems to turn piss to wine - and which would you rather have?

The "blood before me" is about the physical addiction to the drug, wanting it back to deal with the pain of life. The connection with the drug is a deep emotional connection that doesn't just go away when you stop using. When you're sad, the drug prevents you from crying or expressing your feeling, instead it gives you that feeling that is "so comfortable, too comfortable" (Undertow).

In regards to childbirth/childhood, it's about that return to childhood that one sees when the third eye opens. It can't open on drugs. From personal experience, recovery from drug abuse is like being reborn.

This song shares a line with Alice in Chains - Angry Chair, where Layne says regarding Heroin:

"Can't find it anywhere, I don't mind."

i am more inclined to follow boith interpretations, as i have debated both. the addiction, and the birth of a child.

in teh faq area, was not this song referred as to almost eb ing called "half empty or half full" or has all that changed....you never know the real meaning of things w/tool, and that is fine with me...

louis
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote