Thread: Black and White
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 06:41 AM   #33

Bincount™: 391
Re: Black and White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irisu View Post
I guess the middle ground here would be that any interpretation that fits cannot be wrong. But there are some that are so far off from any possible meaning of the words that they can be just flat out wrong. Maybe that we can agree on?
If you state that some are flat out wrong, then what the others are? Well, I go on and assume that you would call them "right", but that is not the real issue that I think is interesting (you could say that some are just "wrong" without labeling the other group).

Now where you set the border of what are wrong and what are not? What preliminary information you have to have, to make the decision of calling some flat out "wrong"?

The following is kinda related, maybe not.

What about inspiration? Many people talk about music being very inspiring and so on, but what does it really mean?

I link inspiration with the creation of new, and isnt the wildest interprations of a song a great result of being inspired?

While you go on with your process of interpreting the music, your thoughts evolve and you constantly invoke new ideas on your mind. It would be unthoughtful if someone would call these ideas "wrong".

In addition, the most interesting posts I have read on the albums section are those that involve new and fresh ideas. There are room for ideas that do not involve Hicks, Jung or his mother.

I have quoted this before, and Ill do it again. "The moment you think you understand a great work of art, it's dead for you."-OW
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote