Old 09-18-2009, 03:05 PM   #1
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Black and White

Black then white are all I see in my infancy
Red and yellow then came to be
Reaching out to me
Lets me see

I have some thoughts on this first stanza. If we look at the world through eyes that only see black and white, good and bad, left and right, right and wrong, we don't accept that things just aren't that simple. By adding in red and yellow we can see that things can be both good and bad, left and right, right and wrong on many different levels. The acknowledgement that life is more complicated than black and white we see the reality for what it is unstifled by our own preconceptions.

Also, I want to take this chance to talk about the Fibinocci sequence in the song. I was watching Drunvalo's new video on the Maya the other day and he talked about how without knowing where we have been ad who we are we can't know where we are going. So just like 1 adds to 1 to make 2., then the 2 looks back at the one and adds it to itself to make 3, we too should always look back and recognize where we began.

Then I noticed:

"Feed my will to feel that moment drawing way outside the lines."

The first verse speaks of the past. Then:

"Feed my will to feel this moment urging me to cross the line."

The second talks about the present. So after adding these two together, he goes on to talk about the future:

"With my feet upon the ground I lose myself
between the sounds and open wide to suck it in,
I feel it move across my skin.
I'm reaching up and reaching out,
I'm reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me.
And following our will and wind we may just go where no one's been.
We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been.

Spiral out. Keep going, going..."

I just thought that was kind of cool. Hope you enjoyed the post, if not get over it.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote