Thread: Interpretation?
View Single Post
abazabaaa
04-20-2006, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by question93
I think you might be onto something there. Another interesting point is that Jambi was also the site of Srivijaya, which was where Vajrayana Buddhism was heavily practiced. And some of the lyrical content has some tantric implications, which this style of Buddhism practices.
Interesting... Where can I read more about this?

"Here from the king's mountain view,
Here from the wild dream come true,
Feast like a sultan I do
On treasures and flesh, never few.

But I, I would wish it all away
If I thought I'd lose you just one day."

I feel the same way living in the US to a good degree.. I think the part about wishing it all away has to do with what actions we take to preserve the current state. Instead of enjoying the moment I think people spend to much time attempting to maintain the status quo...
Old 04-20-2006, 10:03 AM   #14
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Interpretation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by question93
I think you might be onto something there. Another interesting point is that Jambi was also the site of Srivijaya, which was where Vajrayana Buddhism was heavily practiced. And some of the lyrical content has some tantric implications, which this style of Buddhism practices.
Interesting... Where can I read more about this?

"Here from the king's mountain view,
Here from the wild dream come true,
Feast like a sultan I do
On treasures and flesh, never few.

But I, I would wish it all away
If I thought I'd lose you just one day."

I feel the same way living in the US to a good degree.. I think the part about wishing it all away has to do with what actions we take to preserve the current state. Instead of enjoying the moment I think people spend to much time attempting to maintain the status quo...
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote