View Single Post
Old 11-19-2002, 10:19 PM   #15
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
i know toolband just said recently that they're taping the last 10 shows, and that maynard mentioned it at a concert the other day. and i remember adam talking about a new release at the end of this year. I would really love to see a Live Tool DVD. The Rage video was great, the one with the ghost of tom joad CD. I never got a chance to see them live, and the way it was captured it didn't lose any of the energy. and the new NIN DVD is amazing, it actually got me back into them. Although that style used on both those concert videos wouldn't suite Tool at all. At the radio city show, i saw two cameras at the soundboard. It was quite a far and elevated distance and noone touched them or did anything, so my best guess is that it was to capture the entire stage, without zooms and such. im not sure how i'd want a live dvd from Tool to look, but i'd love to hear a really good quality live version of stinkfist (extended), and how amazing triad would be. maybe the way that Rage did it would work for them. it would show how the band communicates to one another. they just wouldn't have a cameraman walking up to each member like they kept doing to tom morello. and......i kinda lost my train of though
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote