View Single Post
bermy
06-30-2010, 04:44 PM

21st show since 2001. (vowed to make up for missing the aenima tour)

Show was ridiculous. right up there with the last leg of lateralus 2002 (huge crazy lit backdrop, lots of on-stage vs all top lighting, H and 3rd eye) and Mansfield, MA 2007 (Pushit + the whole well-known setlist incl Wings, stage projections).

like others, i practically jizzed in my pants when timothy leary came on. my gf had a good laugh. mostly for the song, but also meant they weren't recycling the same setlist from '07/09.

sound quality much better than 06-09 shows, not quite as good as 01-02. 80-90% new video animation, and higher definition, was fantastic. with the multitude of screens (incl 2 moving ones!) that gorgeous video really dominated the stage (kinda missed the full stage projections). My gf was so impressed with teh video art she asked if it was exhibited on its own anywhere. i said this is the exhibit.

3rd eye was epic and a real treat for us die hard fans. the rest was just icing on the cake. intolerance, the only new song for me, bloody rocked and an amazing improved undertow emblem animation. great lighting on the patient (the swaying light rigs). 46&2, aenima, lateralus, jambi always kick ass.

stinkfist, schism & lateralus i've seen at all 21 shows. i have mad love for stinkfist, schism is getting a little... (bathroom break song), the extensions are great, but they both really need a break. I'd also scrap vicarious if it meant getting Pushit/Rosetta/Undertow/Opiate/H/or Wings in. Not complaining bout the setlist, the show absutively rocked, I'm just sayin.

I was in teh upper decks sec B and by Jambi the whole arena was standing, except for our section which drained a bit of energy. We got up for a couple songs, but it just pissed off the kids behind us. Security was not a problem up there and spliffs were-a-burnin.

The guys showed us, after a weak showing last year, they can still deliver a live experience that will blow you away.

NOLA also kicked ass, while Bourbon St was a pathetic mockery, Frenchmen St was fantastic for live music. Four days of music, from little brass bands rockin out in bar corners to Tool and great food made this a fantastic trip.
Old 06-30-2010, 04:44 PM   #32
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 06.19.2010 - New Orleans, LA @ UNO Arena

21st show since 2001. (vowed to make up for missing the aenima tour)

Show was ridiculous. right up there with the last leg of lateralus 2002 (huge crazy lit backdrop, lots of on-stage vs all top lighting, H and 3rd eye) and Mansfield, MA 2007 (Pushit + the whole well-known setlist incl Wings, stage projections).

like others, i practically jizzed in my pants when timothy leary came on. my gf had a good laugh. mostly for the song, but also meant they weren't recycling the same setlist from '07/09.

sound quality much better than 06-09 shows, not quite as good as 01-02. 80-90% new video animation, and higher definition, was fantastic. with the multitude of screens (incl 2 moving ones!) that gorgeous video really dominated the stage (kinda missed the full stage projections). My gf was so impressed with teh video art she asked if it was exhibited on its own anywhere. i said this is the exhibit.

3rd eye was epic and a real treat for us die hard fans. the rest was just icing on the cake. intolerance, the only new song for me, bloody rocked and an amazing improved undertow emblem animation. great lighting on the patient (the swaying light rigs). 46&2, aenima, lateralus, jambi always kick ass.

stinkfist, schism & lateralus i've seen at all 21 shows. i have mad love for stinkfist, schism is getting a little... (bathroom break song), the extensions are great, but they both really need a break. I'd also scrap vicarious if it meant getting Pushit/Rosetta/Undertow/Opiate/H/or Wings in. Not complaining bout the setlist, the show absutively rocked, I'm just sayin.

I was in teh upper decks sec B and by Jambi the whole arena was standing, except for our section which drained a bit of energy. We got up for a couple songs, but it just pissed off the kids behind us. Security was not a problem up there and spliffs were-a-burnin.

The guys showed us, after a weak showing last year, they can still deliver a live experience that will blow you away.

NOLA also kicked ass, while Bourbon St was a pathetic mockery, Frenchmen St was fantastic for live music. Four days of music, from little brass bands rockin out in bar corners to Tool and great food made this a fantastic trip.
OFFLINE |